Monday, June 08, 2009

It's a....

SURPRISE! In a moment of vulnerability and excitement, we almost gave in and found out what we were having but I held firm (much firmer than Jacob) and said we would wait. I still remember the excitement of Jacob announcing "It's a Girl!" when Dakota was born and I look forward to that same excitement again. The good news is...Cricket is healthy and perfect...exactly the way he/she should be. The bad news is...I gained 6 lbs this month. Guess I better lay off the chick-fil-a. Mmm...just the mentioning of that makes me wanna run out and buy one. Enjoy some ultrasound photos from our appointment.

I'm pretty sure he/she is praying. We've got another saint on our hands. :) Cricket's face/chin in much pointier than Dakota's (more like Jacob maybe??) but it could just be that he/she still has some meat to put on the bones.
Cricket doesn't look anything like Dakota here.


Here is a comparison of our two little buddies. I think the mouth area looks really similar but Dakota's nose looks rounder. We'll see in 4 months! (Gosh...that sounds like no time at all!)

6 comments:

Grammy and Poppy said...

Beautiful! Babies are such miracles! We love you.

Lauren said...

SOOO FUN!!! I LOVE the pictures...my office is doing 3D pictures now too...it seems like that used to be for luxury only, now they do it automatically. That sweet baby looks just like his sister, I think. He is smiling so big in the first pic!!! Awesome... If the first picture were a little lower we could see some privates and the secret would be revealed!

Jessie said...

Such great ultrasound pics! We are SUPER EXCITED to meet Cricket and see Dakota (and her Mommy and Daddy) again at Thanksgiving. Love you!

w and js mommy said...

Oh little Cricket!

em said...

I love little cricket! I can't wait for him/her to get here! William is ready for a new little friend.

Evelyn & Floyd said...

yay! and girl, don't be too hard on yourself. I gained 10lbs in one month with RM, and 6lbs that same month with this baby girl... my body does that around 'month 5' too - you're looking FINE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...