Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Double Jogging Stroller Advice

After I had Dakota, running became quite a fun thing for me and it helped me lose all of my baby weight and about 20 lbs more. So...the plan is to get back into running and shoot for some 5 and 10k races this spring. I need some advice from all of you out there about the best/worst jogging strollers for 2. So...if you read my blog and don't normally comment, now is your time to speak up. If I don't know you and you are just a "stalker" then it's ok, I won't think you are weird because I read blogs of people I don't know all of the time too :).

Here are some of my thoughts on the stroller issue...

-I'm only 5'2" so maneuverability is key. Some of the tandem strollers are so wide, I'm just not sure I'm going to be able to make my way around with them.

-I thought I was set on a Phil & Ted but I've heard mixed reviews. I love the idea of it being so stream-lined but some of the other features I don't like as much. If you have a P&T, do you love it? They are pretty pricey.

-I've heard good things about the BOB strollers but they are pretty pricey too. Are they worth the money?

-I might do some "trail" running at Shelby Farms. Are there any that are all-terrain?

That's all I really have. I'm sure I can spend countless hours researching online but I'd rather for you guys just to tell me what you do and don't like about your current stroller situation. Thanks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my double stroller. Mine is the baby jogger city mini, which is not the real jogging stroller, but they have the joggers. I researched strollers like crazy trying to find a double stroller that I LOVE. It is a side by side and there is not a doorway I have not been able to fit through and it is by no means too wide. I am short (5'2") and it is perfect. It is the easiest stroller to fold and there are all kinds of attachments that you can get for it. I have a friend with the phil and ted and I don't like it personally. Check it out.
http://www.babyjogger.com/
watch the video about it as well. Read reviews on the strollers you like and compare them. This is how I made my decision. It is worth EVERY penny!!

Lauren said...

in case you decide to pay the money for the jogger city brand, they have them on babies r us website under the clearance tab for $100 off list price.

The Buczkowski Blog said...

If you write Babies R us an e-mail saying that you are not happy that they don't offer free shipping or that you can't use a coupon that the store takes on an online purchase, they will ship your stroller for free and give you 15% off.

Evelyn & Floyd said...

um, i have the P&T. For walking it is great, but i don't know that i would do much heavy jogging with it. I have test driven a BOB double and it's AWESOME. My sister has a Chariot (Tootie). She LOVES it (actually had a single, craigslisted it, and now has the double). It's also AWESOME and well worth it. Converts from jogger, to 'city' wheels, to bike trailer too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...