Wednesday, August 11, 2010

RHS Class of 2000 - Reunited

It's cliche but time sure has flown by!  I can't believe I just celebrated my 10 year high school reunion.  I loved high school.  Some people are glad to get out of high school and never look back.  I know at the time I was ready to go to college (especially because a certain boy was already there!) but I look back on my days at Riverside and miss some of the great times we had.  Here are some of the things I loved about high school:

Playing soccer almost everyday.  First Priority.  Giving the teachers a hard time (I know they enjoyed it too!).  Escorting my friends to and from school.  Socializing.  Before school breakfasts at Waffle House and Broadway Bagels.  BCBC youth group (choir tours, retreats, mission trips).

I wasn't going to attend my reunion because it's an 8 hour drive back home and the week prior I had the opportunity to re-roof a house for a lady with our church.  We weren't supposed to be done with the house until Friday so it seemed silly to drive home Saturday.  Once I realized we were going to finish the house on Thursday I started rethinking my idea.  I knew I would regret missing this reconnection with old friends (although thanks to Facebook I still keep in touch with my favorites) so I decided to make the trek across the mid-south with the kiddos for the weekend.  It was so great to see all of the people that walked through some of the hardest days of my life with me (losing mom my freshman year) and to hear about their kids and families and jobs.  I'm looking forward to the next one...maybe we'll have a 15?

I've added a few comparisons for you...enjoy!

1987 - Kindergarten at Creative World of Learning. 

I've known Rebecca Burns longer than anybody else at the reunion.  We have fun memories of slumber parties as little girls, eating cheese toast and my mom trying to calm her down so she'd actually stay the whole night :). 


So sad that Danielle and I didn't get a good picture together at the reunion.  Danielle became one of my best friends as we braved Doc Moser's Algebra I honors class and she prayed me through the loss of my mom.  She was my cohort in crime in Mrs. Hannah's biology class and is still such a precious friend to me.  Danielle and I carpooled for a good part of high school and it only seemed fitting for her and Will to pick me up on the way to the reunion.  Love you GB (only you are not really a GB any longer...what happened???).



These girls are such sweet friends.  Lindsay and Cindy and I played soccer together for many years.  Senior year of high school the four of us had Service Learning together.  Once a week we got to eat out for lunch and then head to a local nursing home.  Lauren and I headed to Clemson and continued our weekly meals.  By the time we graduated college all 4 of us were at Clemson and still tried to get together weekly for dinner.  In the past 6 years that I've lived in Memphis we have still tried to get together when I return to Greenville.


Couldn't leave you without a prom picture of me and Jacob!! :)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

loved this fun post, especially all the overalls that ya'll were rocking back in the day. i wish those would come back in style..so comfy!

Evelyn & Floyd said...

I'm so sad we didn't get a picture too! Boo. And my kiddos took care of my GB :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...