Monday, December 13, 2010

Pierced and Pampered

Dakota has been asking to get her ears pierced since before her birthday in August and we kept telling her that we would take her.  Over Thanksgiving we were at the mall with my cousin Jess and her daughter Harlie who is 3 months younger than Dakota.  We walked by the Piercing Pagoda and I said, "ooo we could get your ears pierced now Dakota!"  Long story short, Dakota chickened out but Harlie got hers done instead.  Ha.  I was a little disappointed, not because Dakota didn't get her ears pierced but because I don't want her being afraid of things...especially things I know she really wants.  However, when I know Dakota is scared of something, overcomes her fears and does it anyway, I beam with pride.  Anyway, she has been telling us since that day that she never wants to get her ears pierced until this past Thursday.  Out of the blue she said she wanted them done so I figured I should cease the opportunity and take her.  She also needed a haircut but it's always so hard to chop those pretty golden locks.  So...we went to Sweet & Sassy and took care of both.  What a cute place.  She got her hair cut first and they sprayed it with glitter and a fragrance of her choice (she chose cupcake) and then we did the ears.  I could tell she was a little nervous but she did so great.  She cried a little and told me she never wanted to do it again (which currently she thinks if she wants to change earrings then she has to get them repierced - we'll cross that bridge in 6 weeks).  She got to pick out 2 lollipops and we headed to the grocery store where I proceeded to smash her finger in a grocery cart.  She forgot about her ears hurting...

 Her hair was starting to get really long and stringy and very hard for me to comb so we took off about 2" and it looks MUCH healthier now (forgot to take an after picture).  She's only every had 1 other real hair cut and that was a year ago.
 Watching the Incredibles.
 Little man enjoyed a lollipop while he waited.  I wanted to get him a hair cut too but I figured Jacob would shoot me if I got his son's hair cut at a place call "Sweet & Sassy."  Guess we'll go to Sports Clips and rid him of his mullet.
 Checking out the puppy's earrings while she waits for hers.
 So proud of you baby girl!!

2 comments:

Gigi said...

Pretty baby girl looks like a big girl...growing up way tooooooo fast!! Love you Dakota!

Catherine said...

She sure does look like a big girl! I don't blame you for not wanting to cut off that beautiful hair!!! Earrings are a BIG deal... and it sounds like it will be a special memory for BOTH of y'all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...