Thursday, March 31, 2011

Home Renovations - Playroom - Progress 2

Progress is still being made on the playroom.  I'm almost done with all of the painting.  I just need to roll the walls one more time and I should be done.  I finished cutting in the other day but ran out of time to roll.  After that, it will be onto the big project which is the built-in.  Between my busyness and my friend's, we haven't found a weekend that works for both of us.  In the meantime, I knocked out a little sewing project and wanted to show you all.  Here are the new shams and throw pillows for the couch - which has also been moved to its new home.  I love the color they add and look forward to finding more places for use of fun fabric in the room.


I bought the fabric from a local store called Premier Fabrics.  They only sell a line of fabric called Premier Prints.  They have TONS to choose from and lots of coordinating choices at a really good price.  I found that they sell Premier Prints on Fabric.com for an even better price and if you spend $35 you get free shipping so it's a steal.  It's hard to tell in this picture but the two outer pillows are red with small polka-dots.  The green pillows have dandelions on them.  The only thing that is unfinished is the larger pillows are going to have 3 buttons each on the ends to "seal" them.  I want a bright green button but haven't found one I love or fits in my budget so I will wait until I find something for a good price and is exactly what I am looking for. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...