Each summer we spend a week at Summer Lovin' (Sally & Clarence's beach house) full of early mornings, sweaty runs, screaming kids, sleeping kids, yummy eatings, games, bathing beauties and tons of fun. The week changes each year depending on our schedules but 4th of July is my favorite time to go...perfect weather - not too hot, certainly not cool - parades, flyovers, decorations and a good excuse to pull out the beads and bandanas again...remember Dakota's ensemble from 2009?
I pretty much adore these 2 boys.
Papa and 2 of his 4 grands.
My favorite beach meal! Low country boil!
Check out her post-parade baubles!
The military sends jets out to do a flyover on the 4th and everybody loads up the beach with American flags. They take a picture from the sky and send to the troops overseas. It was very touching, especially standing by a girl whose brother was serving in Afghanistan.
The jets doing their flyover.
God bless America!!
I took one for the team and rode this with the kids since they needed an adult with them. Luckily, lunch stayed down.
On the way back to Memphis we stopped in Greenville and spent a few days with Grammy, Poppy and Uncle Brad. One day we went to Discovery Island Waterpark and had sooo much fun. It was a little pricey but the kids loved it.
I was so proud of Dakota for getting on this thing. I didn't think she actually would. She wouldn't let the girl take her hands off the board because she had a cut on her toe and you have to use your feet to keep you from flying all the way to the top. It's probably a good thing though because there were kids flying everywhere and I'm pretty sure I know how she would have handled that :).
Daddy showed her how though.
Dakota and Corban both LOVED the slide.


No comments:
Post a Comment