Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Kindergarten is Complete!

Kindergarten has come and gone and it has certainly been a mixed bag of a year.  I am so proud of how well Dakota did academically but we had our days that put me to the test.  This little girl was almost a perfect angel at school but some evenings she came home and ate.me.alive - like a little Jekyll and Miss. Hyde action.  I tried to be patient because I realized what a big transition she was going through (no longer taking naps, long days of continuous activity, new friendship dynamics, etc.) but I probably wasn't the best mom in the world this year.  I found out I was pregnant the day after she started kindergarten and didn't have Sage until 5 weeks before the whole thing was over; I was basically pregnant for her entire first year of elementary school.  I was also working full-time and studying to become a licensed architect - all of which made me a little exhausted and a little on edge at times.  All I wanted to do in the evenings was sleep, I certainly didn't want to explain the differences between a nickel and a dime.  Side note:  Dakota had perfect report cards except for 2 in which she just couldn't correctly name the coins and their values.  I'm not sure why it stumped her so bad but I'm thinking she won't be a finance major.  So, while I don't think I gave her the attention she deserved and needed this year, I am so thankful that we survived and that she still loves me unconditionally.  I am looking forward to 1st grade - I think she's got the school thing down and since I'm not working and pregnant (nor plan to be!) I feel like I will have the energy needed to be a mom of a school ager.  I'm not so naive to think that each year won't have its struggles but I think K will be marked as one of our tougher ones - that is until, gulp, puberty.  Let's not get ahead of ourselves though...there is a lot of summer fun to be had. 


The day before her last day her music class put on a performance of all of the best songs they learned throughout the year.  It was super sweet and I was really impressed with the music program and teacher. 



 BFF's

 Dakota with her Kindergarten teacher Mrs. Jones.

I'm proud of this girl.

Sweet Sage, you'll be in Kindergarten before we know it....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...