Jake, Izzy and Team Treasure Chest photos courtesy of DisneyWiki
What I'm Rambling About
adventure
animals
beach
birthdays
camping
celebrate
chickens
classic
Clemson
corban
crafting
dakota
Damascus
family outings
flashback
foreign travel
furniture
gardening
girls only
God Stories
good deal
Halloween
handmade
hawaii
home
lake days
legos
memphis
milestones
missions
Monday Smiles
Mother's Letters
No Kids Allowed
organization
parenting
paris
playing in the yard
quiet book
rambling
religious
renovations
restaurants
running
Sage
school days
sewing
sweet husband
Tuesday Testimonies
vacations
video
zoo
Thursday, October 31, 2013
Yo Ho Let's Go!
Corban's favorite show right now is Jake and the Neverland Pirates so we decided to go with that for this year's Halloween costumes. Dakota was excited to be Izzy and well, Sage didn't get a say in the matter. Since the premise of the show is to outsmart Captain Hook and earn gold doubloons to go in their team chest, I decided Sage could be a coin. She certainly is a treasure in my books! This year, I had almost all of the stuff to make their costumes so it was super cheap and easy. I bought the pink, navy and brown fleece, white and gold puff paint, Dakota's Jeggings and Sage's gold skirt (which both can definitely be worn again). All 3 costumes cost me less than $25 to make. Score for being thrifty! As far as festivities, they went to a fall festival last Saturday at Corban's preschool's church and last night we did a Trunk-or-Treat at our church. That's good enough for me - I'm calling Halloween 2013 done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment