The weather wasn't very great while we were there and we kept complaining about how cold and rainy it was. We weren't really prepared for this (hence my kids' clothing!) but the blessing behind the storm is that the warmest and coziest place to be for all of the thru-hikers was a church that was offering coffee, baked goods and live classic rock music. The weather caused people to pour in and allowed the church to minister to these weary travelers. I am so thankful we got to witness that.
I'm pretty sure that when Ikea made their ginormous bags out of tarp material they intended them to be used for babies and camping. If not, I'd like to recommend it as a cheap solution for baby and snack containment.
We promised hot dogs on the fire but could barely get one going because everything was so wet.
Sage's first camping trip!
Jedi knight?
You won't find us modeling on the front of any North Face catalogs anytime soon but this is a good, happy life we live and I'll take happiness over fashion.
No comments:
Post a Comment