Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Backyard Happenings

Holler...what's up?  I think we have officially thawed and dried out from that cold, wet winter.  Now we are dusting ourselves off from the pollen and enjoying as much outdoor time as possible.  Yesterday I was driving down the street and I felt like I was a part of the Dust Bowl - I could literally see swarms of yellow coming down the street.  Yellow is my favorite color but this sort of ruins it for me.  Enjoy our pictures of recent outdoor fun...

 Dakota caught this bass so we ate him for lunch.

 Sweet Dakota wore the same dress as Sage back in 2009.  Can I just say that little boys in bowties are quite possibly the sweetest thing?  Especially when their Grammy knits the bowtie.

 I love my family.

 Poor little toad.

 Based on the quantity and quality of the earthworms in our garden, I'm hoping for a good harvest this year!  Must have some good dirt!

 This picture is actually from February when we got our chicks.  They were so cute and yellow.  Now look at them...

 We've managed to keep all 6 alive so far.  I consider that an accomplishment.

 Jacob finished the coop aka Chicken Mansion.  The entire thing is made out of found materials except for the door latches and chicken wire.  I'll have to do a post about chicken life sometime.

 The boys have been shooting.

 "Hey Mom, check out my new bracelet."


 This girl is a mess but oh how I love her.



 Yummy.

 Got the fish fed.  Let's hope some of the flowers perk back up after the little helping hands pushed them down.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...