Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Hello My Name Is

 It's been a while since I posted a finished Quiet Book page.  You can see the first few here and here.  I've actually had this one done for a while but was trying to finish up two others before posting about it.  The other two are 85% finished but they require materials that I keep forgetting to pick up at the store.  They involve a mailbox and a camera and are super cute.  But about this page...

I wanted something easy to teach Sage her name.  Lucky for her (and me since I had to cut out the letters) she has a short, easy name.  I have seen several pages with names but I came up with the design for this one.  I wanted it to look like a chalkboard so I found a fat quarter that fit that look.  I then did basic embroidery to look like the writing was done in chalk.  I just free-handed all of that but if you are stumbling across this page and need help, let me know and I can create a pattern for you to trace - just leave a comment with your email.

For the name I used a basic font in Word and printed out her name.  I cut out two pieces of felt for each letter (1 is too thin for detachable pieces).  They are stitched together (sorry you can't tell) with a rough stitch and have a piece of white velcro on the back.  You can buy pre-cut felt letters at Hancocks or Joanns but I'm trying to use what I have and would have been left with a pack of letters that I have no use for had I bought some.


I stitched the pieces of black velcro (sorry you can't tell this either) on in the places that the letters need attached.  So far, she seems to be doing well with attaching them.  We'll get to spelling later.


I finished the back off with a fun school fabric and then added the grommets.


I still need to get the cover made because the first one I started I was unhappy with so I haven't started again.  The pages are so colorful that I'm struggling with what color to do the cover so it's not an overload.  I'll get to it eventually.  Anyway, I hope you enjoy this little page and I'll hurry back with the others.  I've been pinning a million that I want to tackle and with lots of summer travel, she will need some car entertainment too!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...