I used this tutorial for the cover but had to modify it a little bit. The long piece needed to be 30" and well, my family is short and these pants were a 28" inseam. So - I actually had to piece some material together in order to make it work. Since I was dealing with some old and oddly shaped material, it's not perfect but I still love it. And let me save you time - order your 3" rings on Amazon. They are hard to find in stores.
This is the front. I actually meant for the pockets to be on the front but I used a fabric on the inside with trees on it. I didn't pay attention when constructing it and if the pockets are on the front then the trees would be upside down. Whoops :). Also, I'm not loving the purple/pink buckle so I might make a fabric one out of the same tree material and get a green buckle. This works for now though.
The pockets are still functional so I am planning on making a little doll or something attached by a string that she can keep in the pocket. There are some quiet book pages that use dolls so maybe if the string is long enough then the doll could function for all of those pages??
I plan on adding a little patch on the inside cover with an embroidered note for Sage. This tree material is leftover from my favorite dress that I made for Dakota. I can't wait until Sage can wear it one day.
And while I'm sharing - I have a new page. Sage loves this page and as soon as I gave it to her she said, "I match?" She knew exactly what to do with it and it's helping us work on colors - "pupple" is her easiest to identify.
I found this idea on here but I'm pretty sure that is not the original source. I've tried finding it but turned up empty - my apologies for not giving credit where it's due. Since I didn't have a pattern for this page I searched for a clip art that would give me the shape I needed. Here's the one I used. It took me a few printings to get it the size I needed. The buttons were purchased at Wal-mart.
The next page I am going to make for her is a piggy bank page. She's really into her real piggy bank right now and is always dumping the money out so she can put it back in. I also still have 2 unfinished pages that I mentioned in my last post.

No comments:
Post a Comment