Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Whistler/Blackcomb

To begin our holiday adventures we left on Friday, December 15 after work towards Greenville. We decided to drive to Greenville and fly out of there in order to avoid having to drive to Greenville after our ski trip. God's arms were certainly around our vehicle on that drive. Shortly after we left, there was a pile up on the interstate that caused Jacob to have to swerve off the road only to end up in a ditch. We were stuck in the middle for a little bit. Jacob had to push the car out while I floored the gas. Thank you Jesus for your protection!! The rest of the drive was uneventful. Jacob drove the whole way because he thinks he makes better time than I do. We arrived late that night and had to get up at 4 am for our 6am flight. Thanks so much Pam for taking our Siler dog to the kennel. We're sorry he growled at you :(.

The flights to Dallas and then to Seattle were uneventful. We made good time but because of some bad weather, Chris (a friend from work who went with us) and the Jarvises were delayed. We had to hang out at the airport for a while waiting for them. We finally all met up and began the 4.5 hour drive to Whistler. I'm sure it was beautiful but I couldn't see much because it was dark. We arrived at the lodge at around 9 o'clock.

Our lodge was extremely nice. Each condo slept 6, had two bathrooms, a kitchen, living room, fireplace. It was right on the slopes and had access to several restaurants and shops. Whistler is a gorgeous area. They have had a record year for snow and it was everywhere. Absolutely gorgeous. The weather was nice while we were there. It wasn't too cold, as I dreaded. The skiing was good, the food was delicious and the fellowship was perfect. I sure enjoyed our trip to Whistler.


My brother Brad showing his mad ski skills on the moguls.

My Crazy Jacob :)

Beautiful Blackcomb Mountain (The Glacier)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...