Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Dakota's First Adventure

This Friday evening we left for Mt. Rogers, Virginia (the highest point in VA) for Dakota's first road trip and hiking trip and tent camping and high pointing experience. She did amazing. She hardly fussed at all and we all had a great time. I don't think Jacob will ever forget taking his baby girl on her first backpacking trip. She seemed to really enjoy it. We did 8 miles with her on Saturday and she rode on her daddy's chest the whole way. Saturday night we got to see Auntie Lauren and Uncle Chad and camped with them. Dakota slept in a cardboard box lid in our tent. Yea...she's going to grow up one "experienced" child. Can't wait for more adventures.



Hunger Calls...no matter where you are. Thank goodness I had a "Hooter Hider".
Highpoint #31 for us, #1 for Dakota (not counting the 4 she did in utero)
Can't leave out big brother
My two best buddies

2 comments:

Yankee Doodle said...

LOVED THE HOOTER HIDER! That is so cool that she was able to go on her first hiking trip. How exciting. Can't wait to see you guys in 2 weeks. Another adventure for Dakota. She gets to finally meet Aunt Tonya.

Anonymous said...

Cute shots!! Jacob looks so happy. I love it that he has a little girl he's so in love with. You too! Also, I thought of another name for the hooter hider: Knocker blocker.

Lauren

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...