Monday, September 06, 2010

Crafting: For the Birds

One thing we love in our house is crafting.  I've enjoyed putting things together since I was first introduced to macaroni noodles and glue.  I'm happy that my little girl (and my husband) takes after this love and it is something we do quite frequently.  Some of the crafts we make I pull out of my head, some are classics and some are inspired by another source.  We try to make crafts that can be displayed in a nice manner in our house or could be given as a present to a loved one.  I'm going to start sharing them on the blog so that you can enjoy them too. 

First up...Birdseed Pine Cones.  This is a classic.  We're loving the weather right now and we're loving our property so I thought that doing something outdoors that would beautify our yard would be a winner.  The birds will appreciate it too!

Supplies
Pine Cones
Peanut Butter
Bird Seed
Twine


1)  String a piece of twine between two trees so that it will be ready to hang the pine cones as you finish them. 

2)  Tie a piece of twine (approx. 12") around each of the pine cones before you get them all sticky.

3)  Spread peanut butter on the pine cone to act as glue.

4)  Roll the peanut buttered pine cone in the birdseed which you have poured on a plate or small box lid.


5)  Tie your finished pine cone on the twine you previously hung.


6)  Wait for the birds to enjoy their treat!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...