Saturday, October 09, 2010

Gardening: More Herbs & Some Green Stuff

We picked up some basil plants at Home Depot and so far have been able to keep them alive.  I've already made some delicious pesto with them and am looking forward to trying some more new recipes.  The rosemary and lemon thyme plants I got from a friend who broke off a sprig from her plants.  I successfully rooted them in cups of water and we transferred them to the dirt this week.  Let's hope they make it!  I was not as successful in rooting her oregano.  I'll try again another time.  We planted the broccoli and lettuce mix from seeds so it is exciting to see them popping up through the soil.  Unfortunately we bought some top soil that seems to have been tainted with something because we now have an immense amount of weeds coming up.  It's sort of frustrating because we don't want to pull anything in fear that it's something we actually planted.  Oh well.  Lesson learned.  The cilantro and cabbage from the earlier post are doing very well.  Hopefully by the end of October I'll be making some stuffed cabbage.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...