I'm going to keep the same numbers from the previous post so you can look back at the before and know which wall you are looking at.
This picture shows the old paint (left) on the bead board with the new chocolate paint (right).
I love the punch the green adds to the brown. I had the guy at Home Depot color match one of the leaves from the decal that will be going on the wall to get this color.
Here's a little swatch of the blue that will be going on the walls above the bead board.
Tootles to the old cabinet which is now in the storage room behind that door you see serving a new purpose. There was some wallpaper that needed removed and check out that wild red! I like me some red but this color is not very pretty in person and I cannot imagine a room this size painted that color. Makes my heart start beating fast thinking about it. I've decided to go with a khaki color on this wall behind the built-in to keep it pretty neutral. I did a little swatch of the brown and felt it was a little much for the whole wall. The actual built-in color is still TBD but I'm leaning towards a blue just a shade darker than the other walls and then the part that bumps out for the TV using the pumpkin Orange. Or the whole thing may be orange. That still may change :).
1 comment:
Looking good so far! We're getting my Papa to hopefully paint an old bookcase we have (he has a paint sprayer thingy) for the nursery. My childrens' book collection is starting to pile up!!!
Post a Comment