What I'm Rambling About
adventure
animals
beach
birthdays
camping
celebrate
chickens
classic
Clemson
corban
crafting
dakota
Damascus
family outings
flashback
foreign travel
furniture
gardening
girls only
God Stories
good deal
Halloween
handmade
hawaii
home
lake days
legos
memphis
milestones
missions
Monday Smiles
Mother's Letters
No Kids Allowed
organization
parenting
paris
playing in the yard
quiet book
rambling
religious
renovations
restaurants
running
Sage
school days
sewing
sweet husband
Tuesday Testimonies
vacations
video
zoo
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Fun With Cattails
Back in the fall I purchased a lovely arrangement of plants that included a few cattails, euculyptus and other pretty green things. They lasted a long time but I eventually decided it was time for them to go. I started breaking them up to put in our compost bucket and the next thing I knew I had a MAJOR mess on my hand. I had no idea that cattails basically explode when squeezed. Thankfully, I found it quite humorous and stopped before my kitchen turned into a mound of cattail seeds. One cattail filled my entire sink with fluffy seeds!! I saved the other 2 thinking that my kids would find great amusement out of playing with them OUTside. Anyway, they've been sitting in a lovely vase mason jar waiting for their lucky day. Today was that day and it was indeed fun. I think you'll see by the pictures what I mean. And since I release a gazillion seeds into my yard, we may have cattails popping up all along our pond for more entertainment next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
that makes me sneeze just looking at it! looks fun though :)
Wow, I had no idea cattails would do that! Looks like fun :).
looks fun though :)
Post a Comment