I have been excitedly looking forward to writing this post for several weeks now but wanted to wait until I saw some special people in person before breaking the news on my bloggo.
If you read my second blog back when I joined the blogging world, you will remember that Jacob and I had a miscarriage in July. It was a very difficult time for me but never once did I feel like God's hand left me. I have felt His arms around me over the past seven months comforting me and reminding me that I am His child. I know that God has great plans for me and Jacob...and our new little one that is on the way!!! Jacob and I are so blessed to announce that we are expecting our first little baby around August 5, 2007!!!! I am ecstatic and in love with this new little friend that is growing in me. Please be in prayer for me over the next seven months as I grow into a mother (and into bigger pants). I am 10 weeks and 5 days along today.
My prayer is that of Hannah after she gave birth to Samuel..."My heart rejoices in the Lord; in the Lord my horn is lifted high. My mouth boasts over my enemies, for I delight in your deliverance. There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God." 1 Samuel 2:1-2
So far I have had two healthy doctor appointments where I had ultrasounds of my little sprout. He (I use that term neutrally because we do not know the gender) has a beautiful heartbeat and the cutest little legs and hands (which he was swinging all around). Please pray that he will continue to grow into a strong healthy baby. He's exactly the size he's supposed to be right now (about 1.5"). My next appointment is on January 31. Jacob and I do not plan on finding out what we are having so we look forward to hearing when our sweet baby is delivered, "It's a boy" or "It's a girl" and being completely surprised.
I think that is all for now but since everything is out in the open, I will have lots to write about. For those who don't see me too often, you can watch me "grow" on my bloggo.
Our sweet baby at 9 weeks and 4 days along
December 3 when we took our pregnancy test. Can you tell how happy we are??
My existing "pooch" at only 6 weeks along. I believe that is leftover turkey and mashed potatoes from Thanksgiving :) I will take another one at 12 weeks.
6 comments:
congratulations!!! i'm so happy for you guys!
woo hoo! So excited for you guys... let the next adventure begin :)
So precious...I love the bottom picture and can't wait for sprout!!
WHAAAAAAAAA!!! <--that's my supa-excited sound!! YAY!! scout will have a little friend...or pen-pal, i guess! HAHA! we're so happy for y'all!! love you guys...and "little sprout"! :)
Hey Trish- Congratulations! I can't even remember how I found your blog...i think linking from another blog to another blog to another...you know
Anyhow- I'm really excited for you & Jacob! I hope you have a wonderful 7 more months!
-kelley caskey
Congratulations! Blogs are fun to find people you haven't talked in a long time! So, do you know Lindsey Addison? Walt (my husband) is friends with Lindsey from Clemson. Congrats again. I'm excited for ya'll!
Betsy
Post a Comment