Monday, April 23, 2007

Family Visit and Birthday Fun

Sorry I didn’t update last week. Some weeks are just busier than others!

Two weekends ago, Daddy and Martha came for a visit and we had a great time. Unfortunately the weather was kind of crummy but we had a great time anyway. They arrived Friday afternoon about the time I got home from work. We quickly went for some grub at Soulfish Café and then came back to indulge in my yummy Strossner’s birthday cake (even though my b-day was still a few days away). You can’t bring a pregnant girl a chocolate birthday cake and make her stare at if for 4 days. Critter must have liked it because he wiggled and squiggled (as he does A LOT these days) while we played Mexican Train. Martha even got to see my stomach move on one kick.

Saturday we woke up and had pancakes and then went to see the Peabody Ducks do their morning parade. That’s just the silliest thing. After that we went to my work for a bit to finish up the invitations for the big wedding that is coming up. Then we hit Rendezvous for some yummy barbeque. After eating too much, we gave Martha a tour of Memphis and headed back to the house. I think we were all pooped. We then played some more Mexican Train and ate some more cake.

Sunday we went to church and then after church they had to say good-bye. That sure was sad. After they left, Carie and Chris came over and we played Settlers of Catan and finished off the birthday cake and played spades and watched The Amazing Race. It was a fun afternoon.
Then…my big 25th birthday was on Tuesday, April 17th. Thanks for all of the great gifts and cards everybody!! I got some moolah to go towards our “Critter Cam” and a pair of Danskos and a craft table and a maternity shirt. Jacob took me to dinner for sushi because I was having a sushi craving. Mmmm…sushi is yummy.

Critter also turned 6 months on the Saturday Dad and Martha were here. Sorry I don’t have the picture yet. I left it at home. I'll try to do multiple updates to get caught up.


Me with my Strossner's Birthday Cake!! It was deeelicious. Also notice that I have made the switch to contacts!! Going on 3 weeks now. And...here is a glimpse of our kitchen that is oh so close to being finished.

Daddy working hard at LRK on his invitations. I found out where I get some of my anal tendancies and perfectionism from. Thanks Dad!!

Daddy outside of Rendezvous. It really is in an alley. You gotta pass like 3 smelly dumpsters to get to it.

Waving Goodbye. Notice my new Dansko shoes from Sally (even though my pants are tucked in them. Ha!)

3 comments:

Carla said...

YaY! Happy Birthday to you! My...you are a young 'un! I thought you were about 27 or so! Well, I hit the big 3-0 in less than a month!! WHAT IS THAT ABOUT?! UGH! HAHAHA! It's all good though...happy for my 30 years regardless of how GREAT of a timespan that is! HAHA! Your kitchen looks great! Y'all have done a MARVELOUS job! I know you will be happy to have it finished!! Congrats to your pops and Martha on their upcoming wedding!! :)

Carla said...

Okay...I had to look up the Peabody Ducks to see what that was all about! HA! How funny!!!

Anonymous said...

I loved our trip to Memphis. I loved seeing you guys, Critterbug wiggle for us, your home, Siler, Memphis, eating ribs and your birthday cake! Whew! We really did a lot in such a short time. Thanks for your hospitality and hard work on the wedding!!! Can't wait to see you again in just a few weeks!!! Martha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...