So what all do I owe you? The Wedding, Baby Shower, Beach Trip, Child Birthing Classes and as of Saturday 8 month tummy photo. To save you from too much reading, we’ll start with one at a time. Hopefully I’ll get caught up. Since I don’t have any plans any time soon, I shouldn’t be missing out on any newer posts.
The Wedding…
Well, as you all know, my dad tied the knot with Martha on May 19th. Jacob and I drove to Greenville on Thursday evening and even after a stop at KFC for a mashed potato craving and then the gas station for TUMS, we made it in record time. The next morning I don’t remember what we did…I guess just hung out. That afternoon I went with dad to pick up the wedding cake and then had my hair cut by my old hairdresser. She started cutting my hair back when I was in elementary or middle school. Then that evening was kind of crazy trying to figure out where all of my family was since they were coming in from PA and WI and WV and everywhere else. We got to spend a little time talking with them but then headed to bed. I’m really glad they all came down for the wedding. Saturday morning we got up and got ready for the wedding. I hung out with daddy for a little bit while he got ready and then we went to the church together. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful and perfect. The flowers were gorgeous and the pastor’s sermon was perfect. Dad and Martha even made it through without crying (I on the other hand might have sniffled a little). After the ceremony we went to the lunch reception at High Cotton. The food was yummy as was the cake…mmm I love wedding cake. I am so happy for my dad and Martha and look forward to sharing in years of happiness with them.
After the wedding festivities were over and dad and Martha headed to Atlanta to leave for their honeymoon we went to my first baby shower…but that’s the next blog so you’ll have to wait!
I've attached a few pictures that Martha sent me that her boss took. I'll get some more from Jacob one of these days. I haven't even seen the ones that he took!!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Thanks for letting Jacob come to Dustin's wedding, which I might add was absolutely wonderful. I did miss you, just didn't seem right not seeing you around there somewhere. Thought I'd let you know that everyone I know of who has internet at home and had a baby...well let's just say there isn't much communication done by way of the computer... You'll know what I'm talking about as soon as Critter gets home and the needs start happening and I can't believe it really isn't that far off. (Hope you can stay cool enough) Look forward to more pics as well as more happenings. Just wondering if we'll hear or see much after "the arrival". Maybe you'd better get Jacob trained at this so he can keep us up on what is going on. Enjoy these days together as "2". Love yas, Pam
What a beautiful bride and handsome groom! They look so happy :) You looked beautiful, too, Trish!
Post a Comment