Monday, September 18, 2006

Elephants and Gorillas and Giraffes and Jacob...Oh My.





This weekend family came in town. I love when anybody comes to town but especially when family comes to town. Sally, my mother-in-law, flew in on Thursday night. She was able to go to our first two softball games of the fall season. We won both!! Lauren and Chad were driving at this point and arrived at around 2 am or something. I was sleeping so I do not really know when they arrived.

Friday I had to work but was able to meet them for lunch at Rum Boogie CafĂ©. I then had to return to work while they “played” all afternoon. When I got home that evening they had dinner prepared. We ate and hung out until we had to pick up Clarence, my father-in-law, at the airport.

Saturday we got up and went to the zoo. We had a great time at the zoo looking at all of the animals. The zoo kind of made me sad because there were babies EVERYwhere. Babies here, babies there…babies everywhere. I was sad because I wished I was going to be having a baby to take to the zoo. God has a plan. After the zoo we went back home and relaxed and played games until it was time for dinner. We went to Olive Garden for dinner and it was delicious as usual. After dinner we came back to the house and played Cranium. The girls won one game and the guys won one. Remember Jacob…it’s “Broccoli” :).

Sunday we woke up and went to church. Lauren and Chad began their drive home when we left for church. Church was good. We had a guest speaker, Don Whitney, from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He was really good and Biblical. After church we had Central Barbeque and then came home and played Spades and Hearts until time for Jacob and I to drop Sally and Clarence off at the airport. We dropped them off and then returned home and watched the season premiere of The Amazing Race. I love that show. That’s about all for our weekend. Next weekend we go canoeing!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...