Thursday, September 14, 2006

Girls' Group

First of all, apologies for being a little behind on my blogification. I like to use my lunch time to write blogs and I have been having lunch meetings left and right. Today we were supposed to go out to lunch for Colin's birthday but they moved it tomorrow so I was without a lunch. I walked to Bogies to get my 1/2 chicken salad sandwich and pasta salad meal for $5. It's delicious. Anyway...this blog is not about my lunch eating schedule but about my awesome Girls' Group!!

I have been involved in a girls' bible study since moving out to Memphis. I have always enjoyed this weekly meeting of accountability. About 6 months ago we decided to split into two groups because it was getting too big...and half of the girls had babies and the other half didn't. So, know I am in a smaller group of about 6 girls and I just love it. Each one of the girls is special. I am learning so much about God and life and everything. We started a new book last week and last evening was our first night to discuss it. I can tell that all of us are going to learn SO much. We are doing a study called Live a Praying Life by Jennifer Kennedy Dean. It's about, well...prayer. The first week really challenged me and I am so excited to get into something with a little more depth.


Well, I believe that is all for now but I will leave you with the questions that the author of our study left with me...I've been thinking about them a lot...

Does prayer change God? If so, can He be sovereign? If not, why should I pray?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...