Ok...so could you guys please pray for me? I'm totally burned out at work. I have been working 10+ hour days on a regular basis and I am exhausted. I currently am not working on one particular project but rather "floating" and helping around where needed. Some of these needs require immediate attention and fast deadlines. Pray that I don't have a rest-deprived break down soon. Thanks!!
Fortunately this weekend I was able to relax and take a break unlike the weekend before. Friday night I did work a little late and when I got home Jacob and I went to Moe's for dinner. After Moe's I don't even remember what we did.
Saturday I slept in a little while Jacob got up to work on our new fence he is building. I can't wait for it. So far it looks really good. I worked around the house a little bit until I headed to the St. Jude Showcase of Dogs Show with Carie at the Agricenter. I sure did see some FUNNY stuff. My favorite was the lady pushing her 3 toy poodles in a vintage stroller. I also enjoyed seeing the chinese crested dogs (the ugly hairless ones). Then there were the dancing greyhounds. Unfortunatly we missed the dance but I did see them in their red sequined outfits. The best part of the show though was seeing Tonya and Jason and their agility trial. We missed Tonya run with Chase but we did see Jason run with Taylor.
After the dog show I got cleaned up and we went downtown to meet some new friends John and Jen for dinner and headed to the Grizzlies game where Carie and Chris also met us. This was my first NBA game. Our seats were WAY up but we had a good time none the less...especially eating the blue raspberry cotton candy. YUM! After the game we stood on a corner and people watched all of the interesting people on Beale Street before heading home.
Sunday we went to church and then came home and I cooked. I spent the afternoon cleaning the house and preparing for our other new friends Mitch and Hillary to come over. We had a good time eating burgers and dogs and brownies and beans and then playing Mexican Train and Scattergories. Then it was time for washing dishes and practicing my chili recipe. I've been too busy to post about it but the big Chilympics is coming up at work and I am our chef. I wanted to do a trial run before the competition next week. My team is slowly pulling together our theme and I should have something to post about that in a week.
Well, I wanna go home and see my hubby and eat some grub so I am going to go now. Talk to you later!!
What I'm Rambling About
adventure
animals
beach
birthdays
camping
celebrate
chickens
classic
Clemson
corban
crafting
dakota
Damascus
family outings
flashback
foreign travel
furniture
gardening
girls only
God Stories
good deal
Halloween
handmade
hawaii
home
lake days
legos
memphis
milestones
missions
Monday Smiles
Mother's Letters
No Kids Allowed
organization
parenting
paris
playing in the yard
quiet book
rambling
religious
renovations
restaurants
running
Sage
school days
sewing
sweet husband
Tuesday Testimonies
vacations
video
zoo
1 comment:
i will pray for you Trish! I am so sorry you are so busy... you need to defend yourself and take some time off sister!
Post a Comment