Friday, October 06, 2006

Memphis Fire

Lincoln American Tower - Fortunately vacant due to renovations

Memphis' Oldest Church and 2nd Oldest Building

I imagine some of you may have seen this on your local news (my best friend Ryina said she saw it all the way in Charleston, SC). The pictures are quite horrific. Unfortunately I do not know many of the details other than the First United Methodist Church (Memphis' 2nd Oldest building) caught fire around 3 am. Two surrounding buildings caught fire later. My work is a few blocks away and we are fine...other than the smell of smoke has entered the ducts and our office has that fire smell to it. They do not know the cause yet. I really do not have much to say about it because I do not know much about it. For more images check out the Memphis Fire Department's photo gallery. This guy is so talented, too bad the subject matter is so grim.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...