I wish I could have posted this last Thursday but I have had little time. Its meaning is still the same today…wow, I can’t believe it’s been 10 years!! And I still miss her like crazy. For those of you who don’t know (which I think everybody does) my mother died 10 years ago after a 2 year battle with ovarian cancer. She was the strongest and godliest woman who has ever impacted my life. In memory of her, enjoy these beautiful photos and this poem I wrote when I was a wee 14 years old.
My Mother, My Hero
As I look through our memories I can’t help but cry,
I don’t understand why you had to die.
You were so brave and always strong,
Even though it lasted so long.
You pointed me in the right direction,
With love, care and all your affection.
Never once did you complain,
Through all the needles, hurt and pain.
Even though you are not here,
I’ll always feel that you are near.
I know that God is taking good care of you,
And one day I’ll be there with my body so new.
And though you are gone,
My love for you will always live on…
Because you are my mother, my hero.
Linda Johns Toy
August 31, 1954 – October 19, 1996
Senior Portrait - Cambria High School - Class of 1972
Is that a yak?? – Date Unknown
Little Trinket’s First Birthday – April 17, 1983
This picture exemplifies my parents’ marriage…See how he looked at her after 19 years of marriage. So sweet. – July 1996 (3 months prior to her death)

3 comments:
i too cannot believe it has been ten years. It seems like an eternity has passed since then, and in some ways it seems like it was much more recent. Love you Trish, and i think of you each year too.
Wow, I can't believe it's been 10 years. Those are great pictures of your mom. I never realized how much you look like her!
wow, you do look like her trish. i just wanted to say that it has been 10 years since i met you too...or maybe 9, but i think 10. you are the best and i really really hope that i get to see you over the holidays!
WOW moments...
love,
lindz
Post a Comment