Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Lazy Weekend



L to R: my new candle chandelier and my new shelf (as mentioned in last week's blog) and my new chalkboad.

Woa..what's up with this formatting? Oh well.

This weekend was another relaxing weekend. Friday I worked a little later finishing up some drawings for Chris & Carie’s smelly bathroom (ok, it’s not smelly, just wanted to see if she was reading this). They had to gut their bath because of a leak-a-rama that ruined the floors and everything. The joy of old houses! Anyway, I was drawing some plans for their new and improved bathroom-to-be.

Saturday Jacob and I were lazy and slept in until 10:30. Yep, that’s right I said 10:30. When we got up I painted a coat on my chalkboard for my kitchen. Then we went shopping. First we went to Lowe’s where KIX106 was airing live. I won a Carrie Underwood cd. After Lowe’s we went to Home Depot and ordered our kitchen sink. It should arrive in a day or so. We are making kitchen progress!!! After Home Depot we went to Hancock’s and I bought some stuff just because they were having a sale. I didn’t need anything. I did buy a few patterns because they are normally $15 and all Simplicity patterns were 99 cents. You could only get 5 per person though. Needless to say, Jacob does not like Hancock’s so I was rushed to pick out my patterns so I only got 3. I think I am prepared for the day that I have kids throwing temper tantrums in the store because my husband already does it :). Ok, I’m exaggerating a wee bit but he really did not enjoy being in there. After Hancock’s we went to Best Buy because I had a gift card for there. I bought Jacob a Ricky Skaggs cd. I wasn’t too excited about this purchase because I do not like bluegrass music but I have to admit there are some funny songs on the cd…especially one line that says, “Slap your momma’s behind”. After Best Buy we went to Hobby Lobby to get a frame for my chalk board and some candles for my chandelier. Then we went to pick up my car at Goodyear because I was getting the tires rotated. That evening we cooked steaks and then had a rollerblading date. We rollerbladed for a while and it was fun.

Sunday we woke up late (we were struggling to get up…again) so we did not make it to Sunday School. We went to church though and it was very good. After church we tried a new restaurant called Costa Vida that was delicious. After lunch we went home and changed for the park. We spent about 4 hours at Shelby Farms watching Siler play with his friends. Jacob studied for a test and I read a book. Carie and Chris met us at the park after a while. When we got home from the park I ate cereal for dinner (Cinnamon Toast Crunch to be exact) and then watch the Amazing Race while I ironed my clothes for the week and dusted the furniture.

Monday was nothing special at work. Jacob cooked for dinner because he was ready to eat and he did a great job on the “Cheesy Chicken”. After dinner I vacuumed and we played Scrabble. Jacob won but I get the play of the game with my 63 point word…”Quey” (a young calf). Yesterday was Carie’s birthday and I didn’t even wish her a happy birthday on my blog. You can read her blog though, she wishes herself a happy birthday :).

That’s all for today. More later.

2 comments:

Carie said...

Yea! Happy Birthday to me :) I love your new antique store finds. How fun! I can't believe you knew what a Quey was! I'm not worthy to play scrabble with the likes of you!

By the way my bathroom is actually a little smell now thanks to the tear down...but it's about to look totally awesome thanks to your plans!!

stewsviews said...

For someone who claimed to never win anything, you sure have been winning alot of stuff.

Thanks to you and Jacob for the mini boom-box. It's just right.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...