** Disclaimer...I am having trouble uploading pictures to this blog but when it works, I will get them on here. I didn't want to delay this posting any longer, considering I wrote it yesterday.**
This past weekend was just wonderful. My good friend Lauren came out for a visit. Lauren and I go back to freshman year of high school. Some of our fondest memories were days in crazy Mrs. Grantham's class and then in service learning our senior year with Cindy and Lindsay. Cindy and Lindsay and I go back to middle school when we played soccer together. Anyway, senior year, Cindy, Lindsay, Lauren and I went to lunch one day a week before heading to NHC, a local nursing home. After we graduated from high school, Lauren and I continued to have lunch at Clemson once a week. We were the only ones smart enough to pick Clemson on the first go :). Lindsay transferred sophomore year and Cindy joined us junior year. We were finally all together! We met once a week for our girl's dinner. It was great. Now that I am far away, we still try to get together when I return home to get caught up.
So there is a little history before I start my ramblings of our exciting weekend. Friday evening I picked Lauren up at the airport and we went to dinner at McAlister's deli with Carie. We then spent the rest of the evening at my friend Whitney's house. She was having a girl's night while all of the boys were at a football game.
Saturday we slept in a little. We got up and went downtown to do the tourist thing. First stop was my work. I always like to show people my other home. After that we got tickets for the "Ride the Ducks" tour. My friend Katie was working the booth so she gave us our tickets for FREE. It was a sweet deal. We then went to eat at Rum Boogie Cafe (where I forgot to get my card punched so my next meal would be free...errr). After lunch we walked around Beale Street and saw the drinking goats at Silky O'Sullivan's (they were sober at this hour) and then we thought we'd see if they would let us peak in FedEx Forum just for fun. Jacob and I have never been to anything there. My work designed it so I was interested in seeing it as well. We walked in and the lady asked us if we were there for the open house. We were not but she asked if we wanted to be. So here's a run down...we got 6 free NBA tickets (Grizzlies vs. Pistons), a tour of the locker rooms and lastly, Jacob got to shoot some ball on the big court!! It was pretty neat. We did not have much time though because we had to get to our duck tour. I think he would have stayed and played ball all afternoon.
The duck tour was pretty fun. I learned some interesting facts about Memphis. After the duck tour, we went to the Peabody Hotel to see the famous Peabody Ducks do their 5:00 parade. It's always entertaining. We then went home and ate dinner and had Carie and Chris over for some game time. Chris whooped us all in a game of Risk. He was quite the world dominator. See if we play with that evil villain again...Ha!
Sunday included church, Corkey's and some time playing Nertz (a different version than we had been taught by Lauren and Chad...but I liked it better). Then I had to take Lauren to the airport and say goodbye :(. After that I returned home for a nap. When I woke up, Jacob and I played Scrabble and watched the Emmys. By the way....I BEAT JACOB!!! I was way behind and came back with the words "BOX" and "BE" that were worth 40 points! I beat him by 3.
So...that's what our weekend entailed. It was loads of fun. Last night was not loads of fun...I was at work until 12:30 am. Speaking of work...I better get back to it.
What I'm Rambling About
adventure
animals
beach
birthdays
camping
celebrate
chickens
classic
Clemson
corban
crafting
dakota
Damascus
family outings
flashback
foreign travel
furniture
gardening
girls only
God Stories
good deal
Halloween
handmade
hawaii
home
lake days
legos
memphis
milestones
missions
Monday Smiles
Mother's Letters
No Kids Allowed
organization
parenting
paris
playing in the yard
quiet book
rambling
religious
renovations
restaurants
running
Sage
school days
sewing
sweet husband
Tuesday Testimonies
vacations
video
zoo
1 comment:
I just had to post the same disclaimer! Stinky no photos uploading!!
I had so much fun with your friend Lauren. She's so fun! Greenville people is good people :)
Post a Comment