Monday, August 07, 2006

Weekend Warriors

Submitted by Jacob

I do not want to steal Trish's thunder about our activities this weekend, as I know she wants to chime in and post some photographs, so I will stick only to my subletted photography arena. All the filters I ordered came in, but as of yet I have not had time to play with them. I will post future photographs showing the advantages of using them at a later date. Additionally, this weekend I purchased the Pentax 80-200mm f/4.7-5.6AF Zoom Lens I had previously mentioned. Like the filters, I have not played with it to date, but plan to use my 10 day return period to my advantage. I have played with it long enough to determine that it does not use the same 52 mm lens mount that the Pentax-DA Zoom 18-55mm F3.5- F5.6 AL lens uses, which means that a different sized filter will have to be purchased if deemed appropriate, adding a $50 unexpected expense. However, I have decided not to purchase the damage service protection plan because I do not think it worth nearly 1/3 the price of the camera, which will save me $225. I have also not received my SD card, but expect it today or tomorrow. With these purchases, all I have left to buy is a carrying case and perhaps a tripod, if I decide I need one. Without a tripod, however, my photographs have still been turning out quite well.



On the long drive back home this weekend, I was able to read the entire owner's manual for my camera, and learned a lot about its operation. I am normally not a "follow the directions" kinda guy, but reading it was very advantageous. I plan to start the manual on my lenses and filters soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...