Monday, August 21, 2006

Weekend Recap

Well, it sure does stink not having internet at home because I can never post anything over the weekend. So, sorry you have to read it all at once.

I had a great visit with my family but they had to leave Friday afternoon so it was just Jacob and me this weekend. Friday night I had to work kind of late. When I got home, we ate together and then watched some t.v. Jacob went to Shelby Farms to take some pictures while I was still working so he will probably have some to show you when he gets them uploaded.

Saturday morning we woke up and went to a photography class that Wolf Camera offers free to those who purchase cameras from them. It was pretty interesting. We then went to Sam's club and became members and then spent a gazillion dollars on food. If you get hungry, just come over to our house because the fridge and pantry are stocked! Saturday evening we went to see Talladega Nights with our good buddies Carie and Chris. It was pretty fun but I don't need to see it again. We were home by 9 something so Jacob and I played Scrabble. He beat me pretty bad but looking back at the score...he had one more turn than me. I was the scorekeeper so I couldn't blame it on him. It wouldn't have made that much difference.

Sunday morning we went to Union Avenue Baptist Church again. The pastor is so good. He said something that has stuck in my brain...and certainly has meaning to me right now. He said, "Don't waste your pain." Basically, God allows us pain in order to further the gospel. Should we not used these opportunities to share what God is doing in our lives...then you wasted your pain. I do not want to waste this pain that I have been experiencing.

The rest of Sunday included lunch, napping and more Scrabble. Jacob washed both of the cars and they look SUPERB. Thanks sweetie! Anyway, that's about all for now. Hopefully I will have interesting posts this week. One of my best friends from Greenville is coming this weekend. I can't wait!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Like play by plays of ya'lls weekend!

Lauren

Evelyn & Floyd said...

i like the play by plays too! It's like sitting by Trish and listening to her talk... it's great.

danielle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...