Friday, August 04, 2006

My wife, the artsy-fartsy-TECH

Submitted by Jacob

For three days now my lunch plans have been thwarted. Once to inadvertantly go to the BBQ buffet (who can pass that up?) and twice concerning my photography destination. Yesterday the draw of Tom Lee and Butler Parks were too much and my original plan of the Mud Island Greenway was pushed aside. Today, the Memphis Redbirds AAA AutoZone Ballpark was closed for public entry; thus, no photographs of the stadium. So instead I walked over to the Peabody and began shooting. Before even reaching the hotel, I was stopped by Melinda, who ridiculously charges $75 an hour!


She was pretty enough, but not $75 pretty, and besides I had my heart set on the exquisite Peabody interior. Well, my indoor photography skills need some serious finetuning, as I ended up with zero worthy interior shots due to the low-light conditions. I fixed that by ascending to the skyway to shoot "aerial" views of the city- plenty of light in the out of doors- but I still desparately need a UV filter and polarizing lens, as the photographs show. Hopefully I will receive those in the mail within the next couple of days.



That second building is the Toyota Center, as seen from the rooftop of the Peabody Hotel, and is where Trish spends about 60 hours a week (well, at least some weeks) . If she didn't work so much she would certainly be a greater erudite renaissance scholar such as myself. If you look real closely, you can see her working on the 4th window from the left on the 5 floor. Ok, not really. Well, that was it, back to work, or so I thought. On the way back though, I was able to hang my head out the window just long enough to snag Elvis sitting on a bench outside his record label company, Sun Studios.

And lastly, this one is not mine, but it is for my mother. Trish sent it to me with the question: "Are you sure we are ready to have kids?" Sure, kids are easily replaced...uh, I mean a HD TV, leather couch, and hardwood floors are easily replaced. :/

1 comment:

drsmom said...

JC, Sorry you didn't think Melinda was worth the $75 an hour. I beg to differ but for obvious reasons! I'm looking forward to checking out more photos as you experiment with that new camera. Brooke and I took over 400 pictures on our trip last week to Orlando. Keep up the ramblings and take good care!!
Love to you both,
Pam (the walker's widow)
PS As of today, he is at 6232 miles and has reached 25% of his goal!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...